The seven J.R. Watkins Naturals products that will bear the NPA's home care Natural Seal include:
- J.R. Watkins Naturals All Purpose Cleaner Aloe and Green Tea essence, 24 fl. oz.
- J.R. Watkins Naturals All Purpose Cleaner Lemon essence, 24 fl. oz.
- J.R. Watkins Naturals All Purpose Cleaner Orange Citrus essence, 24 fl. oz.
- J.R. Watkins Naturals All Purpose Cleaner Grapefruit essence, 24 fl. oz.
- J.R. Watkins Naturals Window Cleaner Lavender essence, 24 fl. oz.
- J.R. Watkins Naturals Window Cleaner Lemon essence, 24 fl. oz.
- J.R. Watkins Naturals Tub and Tile Cleaner Orange Citrus essence, 24 fl. oz.
"J.R. Watkins Naturals is committed to being America's most trusted natural products company. We share the NPA's mission to help consumers navigate the increasingly crowded marketplace for products claiming to be natural," said J.R. Rigley, vice president of Sales and Marketing for J.R. Watkins Naturals. "As a pioneer in naturals products, J.R. Watkins Naturals strictly adheres to the quality standards set forth more than 140 years ago by company founder J.R. Watkins. We are proud to have our products bear the NPA's Natural Seal and will continue to bring our products to the highest level of natural."
The NPA introduced its home care product standard in February 2010. It is the first independent certification program focused exclusively on verification of natural home care products and ingredients. The NPA's easily identifiable seal is designed to help consumers find home care products that meet the organization's high standard of "natural."
"The NPA Natural Seal sets a high bar for truly natural products," said Daniel Fabricant, Ph.D., vice president of Government and Scientific affairs at NPA. "J.R. Watkins Naturals has for years met our strict standards for natural personal care products and has demonstrated leadership in shaping and promoting the Natural Standard. We are excited to announce the brand's certification under our new Natural Seal for home care products."
Shoppers can expect to see the seal on J.R. Watkins Naturals products in February 2011. In addition to the home care products now certified by the NPA, J.R. Watkins Naturals is seeking to certify more of its products with the NPA in the near future.
The Natural Certification Program and Seal of Approval
NPA certifications require ingredients to be from a renewable resource found in nature, and certified products must fully disclose ingredients on the package label so consumers can make informed decisions.
The NPA standard is science-based and was developed by a team of experts from the association, as well as natural products manufacturers, suppliers and retailers. The advisory panel drew upon information from a variety of sources, including relevant international standards, third-party organizations, existing research and years of experience in the field. Under the new program, products must follow strict guidelines set out by the NPA to merit bearing the seal, including:
- The product must be made up of at least 95 percent truly natural ingredients or ingredients that are derived from natural sources, excluding water
- No ingredients with any suspected human health risks
- No processes that significantly or adversely alter the natural ingredients
- Ingredients that come from a purposeful, natural source (flora, fauna, mineral)
- Processes that are minimal and don't use synthetic/harsh chemicals
- Non-natural ingredients only when viable natural alternative ingredients are unavailable and only when there are absolutely no suspected potential human health risks
- Transparency and full disclosure of ingredients
The full set of criteria and the new seal can be found on the NPA website at www.TheNaturalSeal.org.
About J.R. Watkins Naturals
For more than 140 years, J.R. Watkins Naturals has been America's pioneer in natural living, utilizing only the finest natural ingredients. J.R. Watkins Naturals provides quality brands to meet consumers' needs for environmentally friendly and sustainable products ? to help people feel better, live healthy lives and have a clear conscience about their product choices. J.R. Watkins Naturals products are available at retailers nationwide, your local Watkins associate and online.
The Natural Products Association
The Natural Products Association (NPA), founded in 1936, is the largest and oldest non-profit organization dedicated to the natural products industry. NPA represents more than 1,900 members accounting for more than 10,000 retailers, manufacturers, wholesalers and distributors of natural products, including foods, dietary supplements and health/beauty aids. As the leading voice of the natural products industry, the NPA's mission is to advocate for the rights of consumers to have access to products that will maintain and improve their health, and for the rights of retailers and suppliers to sell these products. Visit www.NPAInfo.org.
SOURCE J.R. Watkins Naturals
Shop online at www.vacshack.com
In the Oklahoma City area shop www.acleanerplace.com