Stylish S7 Cat & Dog® vacuum contender for esteemed design awardPrinceton, NJ – January 2011 – Miele, creator of the world’s first HEPA certified vacuum cleaner and innovation upon innovation since, announces that their new Miele S7 Cat & Dog® vacuum has been selected as a finalist for the prestigious Housewares Design Awards competition in the Floor Care Electrics category. Miele’s advanced S7260 Cat & Dog® vacuum is specifically designed to effectively remove pet hair and absorb carpet odors while retaining the dust, dirt and dander that can trigger allergies and asthma. Winners will be announced at the annual Housewares Design Awards presentation ceremony and luncheon on Wednesday, February 2, 2011 at the world famous New York Marriott Marquis.
Miele’s unique Sealed System® technology, AirClean filtering dustbag and Active AirClean filter with odor absorbing charcoal makes the S7 Cat & Dog® vacuum the popular choice for pet lovers nationwide. The recognition is the first for the stunning Lotus White colored vacuum since its September 2010 launch. The entire Miele S7 series has garnered many eminent international awards and significant recognitions since its introduction in February 2009 including the coveted Good Housekeeping Seal (2010), iF Design Award (2010), Good Design Award (2010), Universal Design Award and Universal Design Consumer Favorite Honor (2010), Excellence in Design Award (EID, 2009) and the Red Dot Design Award (2009). Additionally, the leading US consumer advocacy magazine also confirms the effectiveness of Miele’s S7 in recent evaluations for performance and pet hair removal.
“We are so excited that the prestigious Housewares Design Awards chose the popular Miele S7 Cat & Dog vacuum as a finalist,” states Paul McCormack, Spokesperson for Miele. “With over 320 entries, it’s not just an honor for Miele but for all the proud owners of pets across the country that embrace the product as an effective cleaning tool… they chose the right vacuum brand!”
An independent panel of judges selected the Miele S7 Cat & Dog® vacuum as the finalist based on superior design, appearance, function and originality. The Housewares Design Awards are presented by HomeWorld Business, with educational support from the International Housewares Association and sponsorship by the New York International Gift Fair.
Stand Out Details
- Miele’s ultra-quiet Vortex Motor System™ delivers the powerful suction and airflow necessary to remove stubborn pet hair and is tested to last an incredible 20 years.1 Plus, it’s so quiet it won’t disturb a cat’s mid-afternoon nap or a dog’s beauty sleep.
- The versatile and easy-to-maneuver S7 brush roller comes standard with an innovative automatic height adjustment that is ideal for all floor surfaces. It automatically adjusts when transitioning from hardwood to high-pile carpet. This unique feature ensures proper airflow to remove dirt in one pass.
- Patented SwivelNeck® technology allows the entire brush roller to effortlessly limbo under chairs, tables and dance around lamps and other objects, including pets!
- As an added bonus, this new vacuum package includes a Mini-Turbobrush (model STB101) that’s ideal for grooming stairs, upholstery or car interiors. The Cat & Dog® also comes standard with four integrated specialty tools for cleaning upholstery, crevices and dusting surfaces high and low.
- Independent tests prove that most other vacuums leak dangerous lung-damaging particles – NOT a Miele vacuum with advanced AirClean filtration. This is especially important when cleaning up after household pets, given their dander PLUS all the other 'things' they typically carry into the house from outdoors. The electrostatically charged material of the Miele AirClean filter bag traps micro-sized debris within nine layers of filtration and the spring-loaded self-sealing collar protects pet owners from inhaling any dust or dirt when replacing the bag. The complete study can be found on www.airtruth.com.
- The S7260 Cat & Dog® vacuum comes in a stunningly modern Lotus White color. An LED headlight illuminates every piece of dirt, even those hidden in the hard-to-reach corners. The lightweight aluminum wand is so convenient that homeowners can carry the cat while vacuuming their comfort zone!
- The Miele Cat & Dog® vacuum retails for $715.
About Miele Vacuum Cleaners
Miele is the world’s largest family owned and operated appliance company, founded in 1899, and a leading maker of quality vacuums – legendary for their powerful performance, advanced filtration and brilliant design details that set the standard for floor care and cleaning.
Miele’s long heritage of vacuum firsts dates back 83 years to the use of Bakelite as a sound dampener in 1927, the advent of convenient integrated tools and stunning fashion colors in the 1960s to the world’s first HEPA-certified vacuums in the 1990s. Throughout the century, these award-winning advances have established Miele as the “must-have” status vacuum – hailed as “so smart it could start its own Mensa chapter” and “it’s like the BMW of vacuum cleaners.”
Beyond the frequent accolades, design awards and sleek good looks, Miele continues to focus on making vacuuming easier through patented new technologies like the S7 SwivelNeck® as well as longer cords, automatic flooring sensors, powerful Vortex Motor Systems™ and silence settings. Miele’s passion for quality and innovation has resulted in a vacuum that excels not only in cleaning performance, but also in the area of filtration. According to recent independent tests, there’s no other vacuum on the planet that removes dust, dirt and allergens as efficiently as a Miele canister or upright. Miele’s unique combination of AirClean filter bag, HEPA filter and Sealed System® design is 99.99+% effective in capturing lung-damaging particles. The key to this design is its hygienic self-closing AirClean filter bag whose revolutionary multi-ply filtering material helps homeowners dispose of the captured particles without coming in contact with them.
There are only a few brands in the world that have sustained their vision, traditions and high-quality standard for more than a century. Fewer still that can claim consistent family ownership and international brand name integrity. And only one that is recognized for creating the world’s most innovative appliances. Founded in Germany in 1899 with a single promise of Immer Besser, a phrase meaning Forever Better, Miele has dynamically grown to become the world’s largest family-owned and operated appliance company with over 16,600 employees, 12 production facilities, representation in nearly 100 countries and annual turnover of €2.83bn, approximately USD$3.62bn (2009/10).
As a premium appliance brand represented on all continents, Miele is steadfastly committed to the highest quality, performance and environmental standards. The company’s innovative heritage, state-of-the-art design and engineering aesthetic have inspired comparison to other powerhouse German brands synonymous with innovation: Mercedes-Benz and BMW.
Miele’s range of exceptional consumer appliances includes: vacuum cleaners; laundry systems; rotary irons; dishwashers; built-in convection, speed and steam ovens; cooktops; ventilation hoods; refrigeration; wine storage and coffee systems. Additionally, Miele Professional (the commercial product division) offers dishwashers, washing machines, tumble dryers and rotary irons for commercial use as well as washer-disinfectors for medical, dental and laboratory applications.
For more information, consumers and design professionals are invited to call 800.843.7231, log on at www.mieleusa.com or visit one of Miele’s modern product showrooms in Beverly Hills, CA; Boca Raton, FL; Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Princeton, NJ; New York, NY; Wellesley, MA; San Francisco, CA; Scottsdale, AZ and Seattle, WA.
Shop online at www.vacshack.com
In the Oklahoma City area shop www.acleanerplace.com