From ways to maintain your carpet, recommended machines, water extraction carpet cleaners, host carpet cleaning this is where you will find information on cleaning your carpet.
If you want to keep your carpet clean and fresh smelling, I have some suggestions.
- First of all, keep your carpet clean. Vacuum often.
- Clean up spills, accidents as they happen.
It is a natural enzyme that will "eat" anything that is organic. Be sure and use according to manufacturer's directions.
When it comes time for deeper carpet cleaning, try the Host Dry Carpet Cleaning Kit
You can also come by our store at 12409 N Rockwell, Oklahoma City, 73142, and rent the host machine.
Host carpet cleaning products are rated "Green" and because it is a dry cleaning method, it is safer for your carpets and you can walk on them very shortly after.
If, you still want to "wash" your carpets, then, of course, we have suggestions for that. I recommend the
It has several features that I love, which I will cover as I suggest how to use it.
1. Pre-treat any spots.
What you use may depend on what type of spot it is. With any pre-treatment or spot remover, try it in an inconspicuous spot before using it on your spot.
2. Rinse the spot with water (The Royal makes this easy because the solution is in a separate tank and you can use plain water without changing tanks).
3. Clean your carpet with the Cleaning Solutions. There are several good ones and any that are for extractor machines can be used in the Royal. Hoover has a formula for Pet Owners.
The solution that comes with the Royal is a good solution, too. DO NOT use more than is recommended. More is NOT better. I usually use less. If you prefer all natural, green cleaning, try the BioKleen for carpet. In addition to being natural, it is highly concentrated, using less resources and being kinder to our planet.
4. Next, I recommend you go back over your carpet with hot water. Again, this is easy with the Royal, no changing tanks, just don't use the soap button.
Too much detergent or solution left on your carpet can be a reason why your carpet gets dirty again so quickly. The residue left on the carpet will actually attract dirt, which is why I recommend rinsing with plain water. Sometimes, if my carpet is not really dirty, I clean it with water only.
5. Last, I recommend going over the carpet a couple of more times, just sucking up excess water. After all, how many of us can really keep kids, dogs and spouses off the carpet for the several hours it usually takes to dry? By going over it again (and again) you extract more of the water, making it dry faster and having less stress on your carpet, which isn't designed to be "wet." This will keep your carpet cleaner longer.